Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Lanvin Loves H&M... Do We?

It was announced last month and it arrived today in the stores : the collection of Lanvin for H&M is now all ours to take home! All over Europe, fashion lovers were standing this morning in gigantic queues from 5am on, to be the first ones to touch the Lanvin collection and make sure to get the few items they had spotted in the media...
But, as long as I'm concerned - and with all due respect to the artistic director Alber Elbaz, it can stay right where it hangs as the mix of Lanvin and H&M hasn't convinced me one bit!
The idea was to revisit some classics of the French couture house in a fun and modern way for the "general public". Well, personally, I think they had a bit too much fun...

So, I started thinking why I was so excited at the first place when I heard about this collaboration... I just wanted to be given the opportunity to have a couple of nice garments designed by a couture house that had somehow a magical touch and whose creations were timeless. Well, dream big! The collection seems to come right from a WaltDisney movie and it might dress you for New Year's Eve but will probably not be appropriate any other night of the year...
Besides, when did Lanvin start being trendy? To me they're the one ready-to-wear luxury brand that avoids the trends' influence and focuses on flattering every woman's beauty, which is what makes their collections special.
Anyway, thanks for nothing guys, I left H&M all confused and with empty hands thinking that the day I'm wearing some famous designers' clothes isn't going to happen soon. For now, I leave you with a couple of their dresses...


No comments: