Thursday, November 4, 2010

My leather pants


I call it healthy shopping : when you can't afford to renew your closet every season but decide to indulge to a trend or two - which avoids to only define your image through your level of fashionness.

Explanation. Fashionness isn't happiness. In fact, it takes nothing for your insecurities to ruin you. Walk in a store on a day you feel crap, guards down and you'll eat rice for the rest of the month. We've all (I like to think that) been there, done that and weren't proud... Then it occurs to us that with a little bit of control (fashion diet - not fasting) and distance, we can stop being all hungry/frustrated and pick right and light.

So that's what I did. I went shopping biting my nails and other OCDs (it can be a bit stressful at the beginning) just like I was visiting an art exhibition (don't touch!) and finally went home all alone. But proud (for what it's worth).
Then, the next day, I run into these pair of (fake) leather pants and I thought "that's me" (not sure it sounds very flattering in this context, but I'm ok with it). And I got them. They're 30€ in Stradivarius and they'd better last because with all the energy I spent putting myself in danger, I'm not going back just yet.

Why black leather pants? Because the rest of the outfit has to be just simple and discrete. So, no headache to combine it with that shirt or the other... It works like an accessory that just speaks for the whole outfit.
And because we do dress to make a statment of our own and that's what's really interesting at the end of the day...

Case made - CQFD (this is not math but making a point out of a pair of pants deserves a little recognition)

No comments: